GradeSolve Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated: July 31, 2013
We hate TOS agreements written in legalese, too. We don't want
reading this TOS to be 'fun,' but we do want you to understand what you
are allowed and are not allowed to do on the GradeSolve website. We
believe you will find these terms and conditions to be fair. At the
By accessing this website (the GradeSolve service), you are
agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all
applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for
compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any
of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable
copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the
materials (information or software) on GradeSolve for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. In other words, you may view
GradeSolve. We also encourage the use of GradeSolve in an
entrepreneurial manner: feel free to sell your correction services.
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under
this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use any content for any commercial purpose without SofSolve
LLC's written consent;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software
contained on the website;
- in any way sell uploaded work;
- attempt to access any data that GradeSolve does not
explicitly make visible;
- engage in a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack or
in any way attempt to interrupt GradeSolve's service;
- use GradeSolve in an unlawful manner or as an aid to unlawful conduct;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the
materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any
of these restrictions and may be terminated by SofSolve LLC at any
time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the
termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials
in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on GradeSolve are provided "as is." SofSolve LLC
makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and
negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied
warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other
violation of rights. Further, SofSolve LLC does not warrant or make
any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or
reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or
otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this
In no event shall SofSolve LLC or its suppliers be liable for any
damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or
profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or
inability to use the materials on GradeSolve, even if SofSolve LLC or a
SofSolve LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in
writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions
do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of
liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations
may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on GradeSolve could include technical,
typographical, or photographic errors. SofSolve LLC does not warrant
that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or
current. SofSolve LLC may make changes to the materials contained on
its web site at any time without notice. SofSolve LLC does not,
however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SofSolve LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its
Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such
linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by
SofSolve LLC of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the
user's own risk.
any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be
bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SofSolve LLC's web site shall be governed
by the laws of the State of New Hampshire without regard to its
conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have
developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect,
use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we
will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with
the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for
other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the
individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary
for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means
and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it
is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should
be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security
safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access,
disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about
our policies and practices relating to the management of personal
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with
these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of
personal information is protected and maintained.
Information We Collect
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Identification information such as names, usernames, school
names, class names, and association between students and classes.
- Personal information such as email addresses.
- Class and assignment information such as descriptions and due
- Student work and responses to assignments.
- Statistics regarding the usage of corrections.
- Usage statistics with services such as Webalizer, Google
Analytics, and custom software.
- The locations of websites from which users originally arrive
in order to better understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
However, we do not collect:
- Credit card information, including credit card number, CVC
code, expiry date, billing address, and ZIP code. We use an external
payment provider called Stripe.
Means of Storage
GradeSolve needs to store a lot of data to work properly. We may
use the following methods to do so:
- Session storage in a database, in memory, or in another place.
- Information storage in a database.
How We Secure Your Information
- GradeSolve employs SSL technology, with a minimum of 256-bit
connection encryption and 2048-bit CSR encryption.
- GradeSolve runs the latest server technology in an effort to
minimize security problems.
How We Use Your Information
- Give or sell anonymous comment usage data to outside
companies or other entities. We will remove any identifying information from any records
that are sent to outside companies.
- Use your usage data to help improve our service.
- Analyze anonymous student work to identify patterns or look
for possible sources of plagiarism.
- Occasionally contact you via email in order to communicate
information about your account.
- Release information when ordered by a court to do so.
- Display your first and last name in search results within GradeSolve.
- Display relationships between teacher names and teacher classes in search results within GradeSolve.
We will not:
- Sell any of your identifying or personal information.
- Use any student work for any commercial purpose or distribute
it without explicit consent or a court order.